Engine Size
1600 cc
Transmission Type
4 Speed Manual
Body Style
10438 PCH

1964 Porsche 356C Coupe

Completed November 25, 1963

Two (2) owners!

Purchased new from Otto Glockler in Frankfurt, Germany by Miss Ingrid Wernlo Miss Wernio, who drove the 356 in Europe until the summer of 1964. She then shipped the 356 back home to Manhattan Beach, California. She enjoyed the 356 for another 13 years and then sold it to the second owner from Newport Beach, California in 1977. Who enjoyed the 356 for many years. Then decided to restore the 356 with his son. The 356 was stripped to steel and the body was completely metal finished to perfection. It was then painted Signal Red with a Black interior. They worked with Gary Emory at Parts Obsolete back in the day when they were on Randolph Street in Costa Mesa, California. Over 100 pages of receipts of original parts that were used.

Excellent mechanical condition with an SC engine, producing 95 horsepower, smooth shifting 741 manual 4-speed transmission and four-wheel disc brakes. If you are after an excellent example of the 356C production, look no further, this is truly an amazing 356!

Options include:
Deluxe Horn Ring
Blaupunkt AM/FM radio
Two Loud Speakers
Hirschmann Antenna
Head Rests
Hella 128 Fog Lights
Tool Kit
Owners Manual


The 356 was a lightweight and nimble-handling rear-engine rear-wheel-drive 2-door sports car available in hardtop coupé and open configurations. Engineering innovations continued during the years of manufacture, contributing to its motorsports success and popularity. Production started in 1948 at Gmund, Austria, where approximately 50 cars were built. In 1950 the factory relocated to Zuffenhausen, Germany, and general production of the 356 continued until April 1965, well after the replacement model 911 made its autumn 1963 debut. Of the 76,000 originally produced, approximately half survive.

In September of 1961 Porsche introduced the 1962 356 B model which was changed to the T6 body type with twin rear deck lid engine grilles, an external fuel filler in the right front wing/fender and a larger rear window in the coupé. It is interesting to note that the Porsche factory didn't call attention to these quite visible changes with a different model designation from the T5 body. However, when the T6 got disc brakes in 1964, with no other visible alterations, they called it the model C, or the SC when it had the optional extra powerful engine.

The last revision of the 356 was the 356C introduced for the 1964 model year. It featured disc brakes all round, as well as an option for the most powerful pushrod engine Porsche, had ever produced, the 95 horsepower (71 kW) "SC". 356 production peaked at 14,151 cars in 1964, the year that its successor, the new 911, was introduced to the US market (it was introduced slightly earlier in Europe). The company continued to sell the 356C in North America through 1965 as demand for the model remained quite strong in the early days of the heavier and more "civilized" 911. The last ten 356's (cabriolets) were assembled for the Dutch police force in March 1966 as 1965 models.


Engine Type
Engine Size
1600 cc
Fuel Specification


Body Color
Body Style
Paint Type




Interior Color
Secondary Interior Color
Seating Type
Seat Material
Shifter Type
Center Console

Contact Us About This Vehicle


1665 Babcock Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92627 USA.


Fill out the Form below:

Contact Details